One of the most informative events of the year for me is the National Fluid Power Association’s annual Industry & Economic Outlook Conference. Usually held in the Chicago suburbs, the event is a great networking opportunity, but also provides attendees with some insightful long- and short-term information on the economy, both here in the U.S. and across the world. The NFPA likes to tout that the conference offers critical insight and opportunities in four major areas—economics, industry, technology, and networking.
So now’s your chance, as the NFPA has just opened registration for this year’s IEOC. It will be held August 11-13, 2014 at the Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling, Illinois. The link for registration is nfpaevents.com/ieoc.
If you register by July 11th, you’ll receive the lowest registration rate. This year’s schedule is packed with the usual outstanding lineup of industry experts. IEOC favorites Alan Beaulieu, Eli Lustgarten and John Walker return with engaging presentations. There are also some exciting new additions for 2014:
· Global Economics from an ITR Perspective – Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research
· Global Economics from an Oxford Economics Perspective – John Walker, Oxford Economics
· Geopolitical Analysis of Global Economics – Peter Zeihan
· Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Ryan Reed, Parker Hannifin Corporation
· Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
· Construction Machinery Forecast – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
· Agricultural Machinery Forecast – Karen Ubelhart, Bloomberg Research
· Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Don Ake, FTR Associates
· Industrial Markets Overview – Dan Meckstroth, MAPI, Inc.
· Industrial Machinery Market Forecast – Scott Hazelton, HIS Economics
· Market Technology Trends – Construction Industry – Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates
· Market Technology Trends – Pharmaceutical Processing Industry – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications
· IEOC Invitational Golf Tournament at Chevy Chase Golf Course
· IEOC Welcome Reception at Chevy Chase Country Club
· Power of Association Reception and Dinner
As usual, Design World will have large presence of staff at this important industry event, and we hope to see you there in August!