Somerset, N.J.—Rotor Clip Co., Inc. has introduced its MST-series of Truwave wave springs, which handles bearing pre-loads. These single-turn metric wave springs are available in sizes from 16 mm to 170 mm and are suitable for short deflection applications, offering the following advantages for bearing retention:
• Overhead assembly possible, since the wave spring can lightly grip the inside of the bearing bore.
• Can be installed automatically via a tapered mandrel similar to the automatic installation of retaining rings.
• Even load / force with small tolerances due to even, sinusoidal waves in the spring design.
• No radial jamming, since spring ends are able to overlap and do not push against one another.
• No tooling cost for special sizes
• Self-centering in bearing bore.