Fort Wayne, Ind.—Trelleborg Sealing Solutions (TREL-B) has released an “O-ring calculator” app. The new app calculates O-ring dimensions and tolerances and recommends sizes and Trelleborg Sealing Solutions part numbers.
“This is the third app we have launched,” said Wolfgang Heinrich, website specialist for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions. “Creating tools that make engineers’ lives easier is our main goal. We are a company of engineers, and I think this gives us an advantage when we’re creating these tools. We try to produce tools that really add value to an engineer’s work.”
• Enter the bore or rod/shaft diameter and receive an O-Ring recommendation and O-Ring housing calculation according to the recommendations of ISO 3601
• Search the selection of O-Ring nominal sizes according to the following standards: ISO 3601; JIS B 2401 (Japan); SMS 1586 (Sweden)
• Calculate O-Ring tolerances according to ISO 3601-1 Class B
• Switch between metric measurements and inches
• Determine which materials are compatible with the media used in your application
• Search Trelleborg Sealing Solutions films
This new app joins the successful “ISO Fits & Tolerances” and “Unit and Hardness Converter” apps. All are available in English and German free from iTunes or via the Apple App Store on the iPhone and iPod Touch.