Spirolox Retaining Rings have no ears to interfere with mating components in your assembly. Spirolox are manufactured by coiling the ring from flat wire. Because coiling produces a retaining ring with no scrap, the Smalley Retaining Ring can be economically produced in carbon steel, stainless steel, coppers, and many other alloys.
• No Gap—360° retaining surface
• No protruding ears to interfere with mating components (uniform cross-section)
• Can operate in an internal and external groove at the same time
• Over 6,000 standard rings in carbon and stainless steel
(¼-in. to 16-in., 6 mm to 400 mm diameters)
• No tooling costs on customs (0-.157-in. to 120-in., 4 mm to 3000 mm diameters)
• Exotic alloys available
Smalley Steel Ring Co.