H. G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors Group has expanded its sensor product offering using LVIT Technology by adding the LZ-25 Series linear position sensors. These are contactless devices designed for use in factory automation or assembly machinery applications where space is a premium, as well as for external mounting on hydraulic cylinders to sense rod position on mobile equipment such as snow plows and road graders.
These LVITs are offered in nominal full scale ranges from 50 to 900 mm (2 to 36 inches) with an excellent stroke-to-length ratio so that the sensor’s overall length is only about 38 mm (1.5 in.) longer than the linear range of the unit. The sensor has a 25.4 mm (1 in.) outside diameter aluminum or optional stainless steel body with a 1-m long radial exit cable for I/O connections. The 7.5 mm (0.295 in.) diameter through-bore of an LZ-25 provides clearance for its 6.35 mm (0.25 in.) diameter moving rod, which is made of the same material as its housing. This through-bore feature also means that the sensor is not subject to damage from typical mechanical overstroking.
• LVIT (linear variable inductance transducer) technology
• Contactless operation prevents internal wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
• Excellent stroke-to-body-length ratio
• Full Scale ranges from 50 to 900 mm (2 to 36 in.)
• Through-bore design eliminates mechanical overstroking damage
• DC in / DC out operation with built-in electronics
• Proprietary SenSet field adjustable range scaling