Attendees to the Fluid Power Technology Conference, presented by Fluid Power World, will have plenty of opportunities to learn from industry experts—as well as pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturers—at the two-day event. Slated for the Milwaukee School of Engineering’s Kern Center on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21 and 22, the event will feature nearly 10 sessions led by experts in their respective fields.
Roadmap to an Application Specific Hydraulic Cylinder
Fluid power textbooks generally cover the basics regarding hydraulic cylinders including types of construction, names of components, how to calculate force and speed, and how to identify seal failures. This is a good start, but this discussion will provide more information to the machine designer, maintenance personnel, or fluid power distributor to help them successfully specify hydraulic cylinders for a variety of applications. In this session, we will go beyond the basics and share our experience with a focus on the following topics:
- Optimizing the design operating pressure based on the force requirements and overall system configuration
- Selecting the ideal mounting style, including considering unusual and non-standard mounts.
- Exploring the rapid growth of integrated linear position sensors in hydraulic cylinders and how to determine if it is right fit for an application.
- Reviewing examples of integrated cartridge valve manifolds and when it can improve the system design.
- Choosing the right type of multistage telescopic cylinder design based on the application.
- Considering the environmental exposure and choosing the best material, plating type, and paint to protect the cylinder from corrosion or wear.
For a complete schedule and registration information, visit fluidpowertechconference.com.