The IFPS released a new and upgraded Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic certification and it is now available to order. The new release includes an enhanced study manual and test.
- If you are scheduled to take the certification test before September 1, continue using the study manual you already have.
- If you are taking the certification test after September 1, you will need to download the new study manual.
- IFPS members may download a free study manual at ifps.org/study-manuals.
Areas of the Study Manual that were added and reworked:
- Both the written and job performance portions are included in one study manual
- Full-color photos and graphics available to download
- Principles of operation explained for commonly found components within an industrial hydraulic system — pumps,
valves, actuators, and accessories
- Color-coded cutaway illustrations of hydraulic components to aid in understanding operation
- Symbology updated to conform to ISO 1219 standard
- Expanded content on troubleshooting to include decision-tree aids
- Detailed content on pressure, flow, and directional control valves
- Improved graphics throughout and many real-life photos to assist in visualization
- Basic hydraulic calculations useful in troubleshooting
- Safety tips
- Basic principles of electrohydraulic control — open loop and closed loop
- Electrohydraulic valves
- Sensors used in electrohydraulic systems
Visit ifps.org for more details.