HED’s CANect provides a complete telematics solution with robust hardware, easy to use software development tools, and a complete back office telematics portal that can be customized for a branded user experience.
It comes with three new hardware modules for added flexibility. This second-generation CANect M2M and IoT modules can collect and transmit critical vehicle data via Wi-Fi, GSM or a combination of both.
These three devices are powered by a powerful central processing architecture that consists of:
- i.MX 6UltraLite Cortex-A7 Core (696MHz) Microprocessor
- 128 MB of DDR3 RAM
- 4 GB of eMMC Flash Memory
- (x2) CAN (ISO 11898) Ethernet (10/100BaseT)
- USB 2.0 (Host/Client w/ OTG)
- CL-T05 (Wi-Fi) – Concurrent 802.11 b/g/n
- CL-T06 (GSM) – 2G/3G Cellular
- CL-T07 (Wi-Fi & GSM) – Concurrent 802.11 b/g/n and 2G/3G Cellular
The CANect portfolio is powered by Linux and utilizes a free, open source software development kit (SDK). The CANect SDK is recommended for customers who are familiar with Linux and open source software development methods. These include:
- CANect View – a rich, mobile web application that resides on the equipment for looking at vehicle data.
- CANect Reflector – remotely see CANect View anywhere for ease of diagnostics, maintenance, and service.
- CANect Portal – a convenient web portal for all CANect fleet management services such as telematics and Reflector
- CANect Composer – a diverse development utility that is perfect for those that want to develop and integrate their own M2M, telematics, or IoT experience.
Visitors to IFPE can see the CANect portfolio in the South Hall 4, Booth S84219.