Bosch Rexroth is accepting registration for all courses in its training program designed for industrial and mobile hydraulics systems engineers. Rexroth’s Hydraulics Technical Training is targeted toward individuals who maintain hydraulic systems, design new systems or want to upgrade existing systems with new technology. Classes run through December.
Although the Center for Compact & Efficient Fluid Power has created a network of universities studying fluid power and conducting research into making hydraulic and pneumatic components more efficient, in the recent past the bulk of fluid power education has come from major companies in the industry. Bosch Rexroth is one of them. The company’s hydraulics training manuals are among some of the texts I hear referred to most often by users.
Rexroth has been providing its own on-site training for specific hydraulic installations for years now, and it also offers customized training programs with test stands delivered to the participant’s location. Online Basic Hydraulics Training is also available as a self-directed eLearning course that includes an overview of functions and characteristics of hydraulic components in a hydraulic system.
The below list of scheduled classes seems to touch on areas that anyone from a novice user of hydraulics to someone who has worked in the field can benefit from. If there is one area where most members of the industry agree, it’s that proper training is crucial to moving the fluid power industry forward. Courses like this go a long way in keeping new and experienced members up-to-date on the most safe and efficient ways to use hydraulic technology.
- Principles of Hydraulics is a comprehensive overview of hydraulic technology.
- Setup of Industrial Hydraulic Systems is recommended for maintenance personnel who will learn proper methods of maintaining and troubleshooting hydraulic systems.
- Mobile Hydraulic Technology will help mobile maintenance technicians and mobile hydraulic system designers develop an understanding of specific components and circuits used in mobile equipment.
- NEW: Introduction to Mobile Hydraulic Technology is for anyone who is new to the area of mobile hydraulics and for those who have no formal hydraulics training.
- NEW: Mobile Hydraulic Drives and Controls Technology is designed to advance the skills and knowledge in using and applying closed circuit and open circuit mobile hydraulic drives and controls.
- Setup of Mobile Hydraulic Systems is recommended for mobile hydraulic maintenance personnel who will learn proper methods of maintaining and troubleshooting hydraulic systems.
- Fundamentals and Servicing of Proportional Valves covers the function and operation of electro-proportional hydraulic valves and their interface electronic amplifiers in the mechanical and electrical trades.
- Pumps and Controls for Open and Closed Loop Systems, for advanced maintenance technicians and hydraulic system designers, will develop knowledge of the most often used pumps and pump controls for open loop and closed loop hydraulic pump systems.
- Design Considerations for Industrial Hydraulic Systems covers how to properly select hydraulic components that will produce efficient hydraulic circuits and hydraulic circuits that properly control the machine or process.
- Electronic Controls for Hydraulic Systems, recommended for advanced maintenance technicians and hydraulic system designers, develops knowledge of the electronic control of electro-proportional valves used in closed process loop systems.
- Press Hydraulic Systems teaches maintenance technicians and hydraulic system designers how high-flow hydraulic systems use logic cartridge valves, cartridge valve control circuits, proportional valves, and variable displacement pumps.
- Proportional Control Technology provides a thorough overview of the function and operation of electro-proportional hydraulic valves and their interface and control electronics.
- Proportional Circuit Design is recommended for engineering personnel, hydraulic project engineers and advanced technicians who are responsible for the implementation, design and commissioning of proportional valve circuitry.
- Piston Pumps, Motors, and Controls will help advanced plant maintenance technicians and hydraulic system designers develop their knowledge of popular fixed and variable displacement piston pumps/motors and controls used in open loop, closed loop, and semi-closed loop hydraulic systems.
Courses are held at Bosch Rexroth facilities in Bethlehem, Pa., Houston, and Greenville, S.C., as well as at various locations in Canada.
For a complete listing of available courses and dates, download the Rexroth North American Hydraulics Training brochure or register online now.