The Bonfiglioli Trasmital solution adopted by various leading international players is known for its high performance and reliability. Bonfiglioli offers drive solutions for compact track loaders of more than 5 tons in weight and with engines developing more than 80 kW.
The latest development for this application will be presented at this year’s Bauma exhibition: The sector’s most acclaimed travel drive gearbox has now been coupled with a new, integrated hydraulic motor. Because it has also been developed by Bonfiglioli, the new hydraulic motor guarantees total compatibility with the previous 700CK Series in closed circuit applications. The new product has exactly the same chassis side and sprocket side dimensions and therefore does not force machine constructors to change the design of their present gearmotor drive train interface. Compared to conventional drives, however, the new hydraulic motor drive offers improved performance in terms of power transmission and reliability.
The new product series is available in sizes 702CT, 704CT, 705CT, 706CT, all designed for maximum gearmotor reliability. The new hydraulic motors have been fully integrated by Bonfiglioli, and combine the Italian manufacturer’s long experience in drive applications with the acclaimed cylinder block technology of a global name in hydraulic components. They also incorporate many design improvements, including:
- The speed sensor is now located in a safer, more protected position to avoid damage and malfunctioning; this in turn improves machine safety and manoeuvrability.
- An internal full flushing system provides improved cooling for gearmotor components, extending service life and reducing fluctuations in machine performance.
- An innovative parking brake increases travel drive efficiency by drastically reducing the power dissipated at all speeds of travel.
- The hydraulic motor’s cylinder block is developed and made by Sauer-Danfoss, a leading name in hydraulic components. The block has been specially tailored to meet the needs of the application and, together with the previous innovation, enables the new drive to offer overall efficiency levels among the best in the sector. On the machine, this means unprecedented speed, traction and responsiveness in manoeuvring.
- The ability to obtain different control port and hydraulic motor oil inlet and outlet configurations from the same casting keeps installation simple and maximises production flexibility.