One of the highlights of the year for me is the National Fluid Power Association’s International Economic Outlook Conference. This event, held each October in suburban Chicago, is set for August 13-15 this year at the Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling, Ill.
What I enjoy about the IEOC is that there’s a great mix of individual industry market data, economic information (both domestically and internationally focused) and political insights. And, as you’ll find at really any NFPA event, there is excellent networking opportunities. This is very much a working conference, with a golf event the first day, but the rest jam-packed with speakers and sessions. Highlights from this year will include:
- Global Economics from ITR – Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics
- Global Economics from Oxford Economics – Mark Killion, Oxford Economics
- Fluid Power Industry Forecast – Jim Meil, ACT Research
- Fluid Power Customer Markets Overview – Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants
- Construction Machinery Forecast – David Phillips, Off-Highway Research
- Agriculture Machinery Forecast – Steward Ramsey, IHS Markit
- Heavy Truck Market Forecast – Eric Starks, FTR Associates
- Industrial Markets Overview – Scott Hazelton, IHS Markit
- Analysis of NFPA Vertical and Regional Markets – Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics
- Metalworking/Machine Tool Market Forecast – Pat McGibbon, Association for Manufacturing Technology
Technology & Data
- The Evolution of Automation – Donna Ritson, DDR Communications LLC
- Digital Transformation and the Impact on the Fluid Power Industry – Scott Klososky, Future Point of View
To register, visit nfpahub.com/events/conferences/the-ieoc.