The SGH10 is a new position sensor for hydraulic cylinders from SIKO. It’s a great option for people who don’t want to have to drill into the cylinder piston. This wire-actuated encoder measures the absolute, direct cylinder stroke in the hydraulic cylinder—the sometimes cost-intensive drilling of the piston is not required with this product.
As a result, there are lower integration costs compared with other measurement systems. Plus, any weakening of the piston is avoided. And what’s more, this SGH product line can even be used in telescopic cylinders. Some features of the SGH include:
• A measuring range from 0 to 1000 mm
• An operating voltage from 9 to 32 VDC
• Pressure-resistant up to 300 bar and pressure peaks up to 500 bar
• High electro-magnetic compatibility, and
• A high shock and vibration resistance.