Enerpac has launched new High Tonnage Cylinders, designed to provide superior durability and side-load (eccentric load) protection. A wide range of new features will help maintain stability, increase wear resistance and corrosion protection and provide longer service life.
- Nitrocarburization surface treatment improves wear resistance and corrosion protection
- New bearing material and added bearing surface increase side-load protection
- Composite bearings surround the seal providing support for eccentric loads
- Low wear, high pressure seals provide longer service life
The new range of high tonnage cylinders includes four new series: HCG, HCR, HCL, and LPL.
• A nitrocarburization surface treatment is applied to both the inside and outside of the cylinder bases, pistons, stop rings and lock nuts
• The treatment hardens the surface, improving wear resistance, fatigue life and side-load capacity
2) Composite Bearings
• New bearings made from composite materials are less rigid, more stable and function better in cold conditions
• An increase in bearing surface area also improves stability
• The bearings surround the seal, creating a more complex leak path, reducing the chance of an external leak, should a seal fail
• The bearings reduce the chance for metal on metal contact, by properly supporting the piston rod throughout the stroke, reducing galling and increasing side-load protection
• The new design makes these bearings easily replaceable
• Composite bearings are on the top and bottom of the HCG and HCR models cylinders, HCL models have a composite bearing on the bottom, the LPL models do not have composite bearings, but there is increased bearing surface.
• Redesigned seals minimize drag and improve performance
• A new material and optimized shape result in faster retraction speed and a longer lasting seal
4) Collar Threads
• Will come standard on all HCR and HCG models for fixturing or accessories
5) Eye Bolts
• Certified standard swivel eye-bolts provide safe handling and positioning
6) Base Mounting Holes
• Allow for easy fixturing or attachment of other accessories. Base mounting holes are standard on all but the low height LPL series
The large and heavy structures that the High Tonnage Cylinders are required to lift or move are all extremely valuable and often irreplaceable pieces of equipment. Control and safety is paramount, especially when distributing the load over multiple points. To ensure that compatibility is guaranteed across all lifting cylinders, Enerpac offers a wide range of split flow pumps and synchronized lifting systems. These complete your heavy lifting solution, allowing you to work in a safe, professional, and efficient manner.