Accumulator sizing calculator debuts
Accumulators Inc. recently unveiled its new sizing calculator for accumulators. The easy-to-use, application-specific Accumulator Sizing Tool is the first of its kind, with no spreadsheets or program to download. Users simply choose the proper application and enter the required data right into their web browser.
The sizer gives three main options:
• Help me choose the proper accumulator size for my application.
• Help me determine how much usable volume my current accumulator can provide.
• Help me determine the proper precharge to use for my application.
The tool is free and located at www.accumulators.com/sizing.html.
Paul J. Heney, the Editorial Director for Design World, has a BS in Engineering Science & Mechanics and a minor in Technical Communications from Georgia Tech. Heney has more than 14 years of experience in the fluid power industry, covering pneumatics, sensors, air preparation, pneumatic systems, valves and the whole spectrum of fluid power technology.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Design World Webinars
- On-Demand Webinar – 3D Printing for Machine Design
- Unlocking the Secrets to Designing Faster, Smarter, and Lighter
- Using Metrology Software to Capture Data for Reverse Engineering
- How to Solve Your Motion System Design in Less Time With Actuator Assemblies
- When Failure Is Not An Option; How Rotary Encoders Solve Your Oil and Gas Positioning Problems